Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Snap under the bridge

I was inspired by Maggie's snap set of images under bridges and thought I should make use of the 3 bridges that I pass on my regular walk along the river


The first two are through different arches on the road bridge (also know as the 'new bridge' built in 1806)
in the top one you can see the 'Roman Bridge' which is on the site of the original river crossing built by the Romans - rebuilt in 1597

the second looks along the path - that little gate leads to a community vegetable garden created on a triangle of unused land

the third is under the pedestrian only bridge and mostly shows the reflection of the bridge rather than its arch

the fourth is under the 'electric bridge' so called because it was built int eh 1960s to allow access for the large vehicles used to build the electric power station along the coast (there is a tight bend after the road bridge) - pictures of a river in town seem incomplete without an abandoned shopping trolley!

Looking forward to seeing what inspired you all this week

10 comments:

Sian said...

That's a good set.

Eileen T said...

Wow, love the reflection in the third one.

Ruth said...

That's a great idea for a set of images!

Karen said...

Great idea, and I'm another fan of the reflection!

Patio Postcards said...

An excellent SNAP collection. I thought the first two bridges could be the eyebrows of eyes peering out on the water ...

Maggie said...

Four very different bridges and I do like that reflection.

Anonymous said...

great snap...I may have to "borrow" this idea too!

Lady Ella said...

Looks as if you have been having great weather for your walks!

Missus Wookie said...

What a neat collection of views. Love the reflections. I have a river and bridge in my snap this week too.

Miriam said...

These are fabulous, love the reflection of course.