Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Snap more animals

I have a third collection of animal statues from around town this week

The giraffes are made out of bits of junk metal by a sculptor who is a friend of friends (I've used them before on my blog)

The heraldic unicorn is on top of a tower in a park - I guess it was a gateway to something at some point in the past

The scottish decorated cow is outside a pub in the centre of town - I had to wait a bit to get a shot with no posing tourists

The dog satue was a gift from San Diego - a twin city to Edinburgh - to mark the fact that both cities have a story of an adopted stray dog - Grey Friar's Bobby in Edinburgh and this vagabond dog in San Diego - called Bum

enjoying all the weekly snap collections

8 comments:

Maggie said...

Quite a variety of statues. I particularly like the dog. What did he do to deserve a name like that. Imagine calling that in the park....

Patio Postcards said...

What a neat SNAP collection. I like the giraffes. How cool is that, that Edinburgh is twinned with San Diego - I must look up the story of Bum. I know the story of Grey Friar's Bobby (Disney made a movie).

Karen said...

I can see why tourists would pose with that colorful cow!

Ruth said...

I love the cow!

Anonymous said...

that is a really cool cow! And those giraffes are interesting with the assorted cut-outs....

Sian said...

We have a collection of cows actually inside a shopping centre and I have tried many times to get a passer by free shot, without any luck! You did very well to get these

Lady Ella said...

I like the cow too! Tokyo also has a loyal dog story (Hachiko) - maybe replicas of all could be shared by all cities! Would make a good Snap (now there's a thought..!)

alexa said...

II'm a fan of the colourful cow too :). Very interesting collection. Must be wonderful to be able to take scrap and be so creative ..