Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Last pairs

My goodness, the last week of the year so the last pairs.  A big thank you to everyone who has joined me in sharing a linked pair of photos.  I have enjoyed the weekly challenge to watch out for a pair and I've loved seeing all of your lovely and varied pairs.  A weekly photo challenge is so much easier and more fun when shared.

My final pair is a before and after
My sister gave me this lovely sock creature kit for Christmas - making it was the perfect creative project for a grey and overcast Boxing day.  As my mum said - this is something I would have loved as a gift any year since I was 3! The kits are lovely and they have a great range of imaginative animals to make - I'd recommend them if you are looking for a gift for a crafty person who can use a needle - of any age - the company is sock creatures.

Looking forward to next week/year and the start of Snap.  What I have in mind is between 2 and 4 photos that create a visual set - so it might be 4 circles or 4 blue things or 4 cakes - but really part of the fun is seeing how people interpret the core idea.  I'll create a blog button for next week.

Looking forward to seeing the last round of pairs and again thank you for sharing.


18 comments:

Maggie said...

That is quite a transformation! He looks great! Thank you again Helena for hosting Pairs. I look forward to Snap.

alexa said...

You have certainly gone out on a high! Isn't he (or she?) fabulous? Thank-you for all the interest and entertainment this year.

Sian said...

Mmm...a different way to enjoy socks :) He's brilliant! Your Mum's comment is a good one: when I was about six I got a kit for a felt elephant, which I never finished. I felt a bit bad about that so I try to finish up my kits quickly after CHristmas now. This year I got a Crochet The Beatles one!

Wishing you a belated but very hearttfelt Merry CHristmas

Eileen T said...

A cute giraffe ... does he have a name? Looking forward to 'Snap'.

Lady Ella said...

That looks hard! I can't work out how it's done... Well done on another year of pairs and sorry for not doing any for a while. I was going to have a week or two off and then just kept forgetting. Will try to do better in the new year but either way, look forward to seeing what everyone posts.

Patio Postcards said...

Wonderful Stripy Giraffe - he looks very cuddly, yes perfect for a 3-93 year old to cuddle.

Thank you again for organizing Pairs - I have had such fun with it. I am looking forward to Snap & thanks for laying out the intend.

Happy New Year Helena.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet giraffe!
Merry Christmas...and Happy New Year...

Looking forward to 2016 and "Snap"!!!

Susanne said...

He's cute!! Well done. Wishing you a wonderful New Year!

Sandie said...

I have really enjoyed this weekly post Helena even if I have taken part far less than I intended. If you looked through my photo files you would see so many pairs, I just never got round or had time to post them. What a shame. Must find a way round this!
Love your sock pair. My grand daughter made a snowman out of a pair of towelling socks, pity I didn't take a photo to show you.
Anyway, coming back to photos I DID take, are a pair taken on my recent walk so off now to post them before it is too late! Liking the sound of SNAP by the way. You are so right, seeing how others interpret an idea makes it all the more fun.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

And another pair being the socks, of course! What a great little kit. I've seen many sock creations, but never a giraffe before today. Looking forward to joining in with "Snap" in 2016.

Barbara said...

Oh I do like your sock giraffe!
Thank you for hosting Pairs this year, I have enjoyed it immensely .
I am looking forward to Snap.
Happy New Year!

Karen said...

Well, I like the socks a lot, but I love the giraffe even more! Thanks, Helena, for hosting this meme all year. I'm looking forward to SNAP in 2016! Happy New Year!

Louise H said...

Fabulous sock giraffe - well beyond my limited sewing skills! Happy New Year and a wonderful 2016

Cheri said...

I didn't play along with Pairs this year, but I am looking forward to trying out snap for 2016!

Melissa said...

What a FUN giraffe! I'm hoping to join in some with Snap next year!

Maria Ontiveros said...

And thank you for hosting!
Will have to put some thought into the idea of Snap!
Rinda

Miriam said...

Oh! this is wonderful Helena and a great Pair to go out on.

Missus Wookie said...

What a fun stripy pair of socks and a cuddly looking giraffe too.

Finally got the last of 2015's pairs up too.