Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

January was

January was a typical month for reading – 5 books completed, 2 on my Kindle, and I thoroughly enjoyed all of them.  Having read some reviews of the third in the Divergent series I’ve decided to stop after 2 and imagine my own conclusion for the main characters.

jan-read

I abandoned another book after a day when the only character I liked was killed off and I couldn’t remember which of the others were goodies and baddies.

January was productive crochet wise as I made 5 hat and scarflet sets for a local homeless charity.  all constructed from rectangles so easy to make while half watching the TV – especially shows that could really be radio like most news and lots of quiz shows.

jan-crochet

January was a month of meeting old school friends who I haven’t seen for 30+ years and then chatting for hours about then and now and points in-between. Interesting how much our outlook and values still align, even on topics I’m sure we never discussed as teenagers.

jan-pretty

January was a month of bought flowers and bulbs in pots as the garden remained green – but not white as we had only the smallest dustings of snow.

January was a month of wearing gloves and a hat and boots when I went out.  But not so cold that I didn’t want to go our for a daily walk – except on the 6 days when I had a heavy cold and lived on my sofa.

January was a month of fabulous low, golden light creating some wonderful views over the water, providing great shadows and reflections and providing plenty of camera opportunities.  This is one of my favourites – the glow of the sun caught on a flock of gulls being fed by the water

jan-fav

7 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love your description of the abandoned book! NO reading for me. Too many pod casts and still lifes.
Rinda

Sian said...

A lovely way to round up the month.

Those hat and scarf sets look great. They'll be much appreciated I'll bet

Miriam said...

I love those gulls! your picture is really very beautiful.
Well done on the crocheting front.

Karen said...

The light in the last photo is so gorgeous! I managed to read four books last month, and was quite pleased with myself! I won't do as well this month for a variety of reasons.

alexa said...

That last photo is just stunning ... And I am mega-impressed by your crocheting quota!

Sandie said...

Gosh you have been busy reading! A lovely round up, the gulls are lovely in the light and the blue sky is hopefully a taste of brighter days to come. As for your crocheting, I am super impressed. I wish I could crochet a granny square without it being a labour of love!

Alison said...

Sounds like a good month...except for your cold of course! Great capture with the gulls xx