Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

stories from my travels

Last year I travelled a lot, mostly in the islands of the Pacific. I kept a photo journal at the time and have recorded the what I saw when stuff.  But I realised there were some other stories that I wanted to tell and decided to use these to practice digi layouts.  

I decided to do two layouts using the same template both to practice making them different and also because the second one is so much faster when I’m familiar with the template.  I am using templates by Cathy Z from here Design Your Life class as BPS.  Here are the first two.  

nepal peek

Took me ages to do the 3 lines on the photos and they are not evenly spaced – something I need to work on. Background created using colour and texture within PSE.  Palette comes from Stacy Julian’s weekly colour challenge (red and green with a twist).

pacific patisserie

Tried drop shadows here but clearly need to work on these.  The spotty paper is from DDD Mysteria Paper and I changed the colour.  The embellishment is cut from a patterned paper by funky R Dickinson.

Finding digi about equally frustrating and rewarding.  Having some stories I want to tell means I will get some practice and try out different components of the software.

comment tile

3 comments:

Jill said...

This is going to be such a wonderful record of your travels, something to look back on. I have some quite nice annotated photo-albums but looking back I wish I had kept a record of my feelings at the time, so record yours while they are still fresh.

humel said...

I can relate to the rewarding/frustrating thing... These are great though, and are making me feel suitably jealous of your trip ;-)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Digi is tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, it just flies! Very nice layouts!