Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Snap the Royal Mile


Another Edinburgh scene for you this week - taking in the Old Town and Salisbury Crags.

The Royal Mile is the main street of the Old Town and goes from the castle far right of photo and far right small photo

down the hill to Holyrood Palace (monarch's Edinburgh residence) which is off the end of the photo far left behind the bush.

Just next to the Palace is the new Scottish Parliament building - featured int he small photo on the left - I did walk further along the road for a good angle on the building

The middle small image shows people walking on the Crags - I always like seeing the little dots silhouetted against the sky

In the foreground is a good example of the mix of very old and moder architecture found all over Edinburgh


8 comments:

Maggie said...

Very interesting to see. Edinburgh is one of those places I would like to see more of. I haven't been there since I was a child. One day I will get there.

Patio Postcards said...

Oh I do like your tours of Edinburgh. A perfect Snap timing as we saw a special on Scottish architecture & the new parliament building featured. I think it is SO important to blend (underline blend) the old & new together.

Karen said...

I'm always happy to see photographs of places I don't know!

Sian said...

There's always so much to see on the Royal Mile. Every time I see a collection of pictures like this it takes me back to the first time I ever saw it, in the early evening after a long car journey. I'd never seen a street quite like it: love at first sight.

Anonymous said...

super photos...love the silhouettes on the Crags too!

Miriam said...

Yes the silhouettes always fascinate me too. I love the panorama of the city and like Maggie I am still wanting a weekend in Edinburgh. x

Barbara said...

Interesting to see the old and new of Edinburgh.

Cheri said...

The Royal Mile is my motivation to be getting in shape and losing weight right now! I hope to be able to walk it when we visit Edinburgh this summer. It does look rather daunting though!