Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Look Up Look Down @ Linlithgow Palace

A lovely family trip to Linlithgow Palace, near Edinburgh, for my Dad’s birthday and plenty of opportunities for photos looking  up and down as we walked around the loch and around the ruined building.  I had so many I could use but in the end went for 2 that show unexpected detail

up-down-linlithgo

The up is standing in a massive fireplace looking straight up the chimney.

The down is some of the lovely range of grasses in a meadow on the walk.

And I loved the play of colours in a field of barley that we passed – I think I need to turn this into an abstract piece in PSE

25-june-(27)

9 comments:

Sian said...

That's somewhere I'd like to visit

Miriam said...

Oh this is a fabulous pair. I thought it was a tunnel but a chimney just what I would have done with it and I can't stop photographing grasses at the moment though none as beautiful as the field of barley. Thats a song isn't it. Oh no! an ear worm, and only a partial one at that.. mmm fields of barley mmm

Cate Brickell said...

gorgeous photos!I love the mix of colours in the field, too! and I shared photos for the first time this week http://www.lifebehindthepurpledoor.com/2013/06/looking-up-looking-down.html

Miriam said...

AH! Fields of Gold, Eva Cassidy but I'm sure she talks about a field of barley... :)

Alison said...

You've brought back memories of a school trip....I lost my day's camera!!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

They're wonderful looking. Love the colours in the field one and how neat getting a picture looking up a fireplace.

Maria Ontiveros said...

The up is totally captivating, and I really like the subtle purple which runs through both. Funny . . . I also featured grasses this week.
Rinda

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Create shots, Helena. I could hardly look at your up shot for very long as I am not a fan of tight spaces/tunnels. It's such a great shot with the depth so inviting - it really struck me. ;o)

alexa said...

They are all very textural but I do love the barley field ...