Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Photoart swathed in light

For PhotoArt Friday this week Bonnie suggested images where the light draws the eye.

I had a look through recent photos and realised that I had the perfect one for this challenge – taken in a trip to a ruined castle with a visiting friend.  The stone window space created the perfect frame for the sea and massive sky outside.

photo-friday-july-20

Ok, I admit the one above has plenty of PSE magic applied – here is the photo that came out of my camera

10-july-(1)

The birds are a brush from ShadowHouse Creations – they are so realistic I think.

16 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Fantastic shot and edit, Helena. I would never have guessed that you had inserted the birds if you hadn't told us. So pleased you shared your work with Photo Art Friday.

Alison said...

Brilliant editing..I would never have realised the birds weren't really there either!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

wow! you did a great job with the processing! It looks so magical! beautiful work!

Elizabeth said...

I like the original photo but you really brought it alive with editing. The bird brushes are amazing!

Jeanne said...

This shot and the great editing that you did are amazing. Do love those bird brushes. They added so much

Pat said...

beautiful! I love the inner framing.

Ida said...

Your original photo was pretty spectacular but oh my goodness you transformed it into a fabulous piece of photo art. The birds do look very realistic.

Jean Baardsen said...

The birds are a brush? Way too cool! I love your final image!

Miriam said...

Your picture is fabulous Helena, love your editing.

Linda Gibbons said...

It's a beautiful shot by itself, but the post processing makes it really magical! Lovely work!

The Artful Diva said...

your editing is amazing - love the addition of the birds too!

peggy gatto said...

Awesome!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

You have created a very beautiful image from a good foundational photo.

Maria Ontiveros said...

What an amazing transformation.
Rinda

alexa said...

That's very clever! I would not have guessed ... You are a dab hand at this. :)

Darla said...

Both photo's are beautiful, I am amazed with the view you captured with the camera to begin with, very much the artist's eye.

Darla