Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Lifting and passing

I was lucky enough to be the first recipient of Michelle Meisenbach’s book Lifted in Pass the Book Year 2 organised by Melissa

417IWEqD7qL__SL160_

As you might guess, this book discusses different ways of scrap lifting ideas from one layout to use on a new layout.  I was particularly interested in her ideas on lifting components of a layout such as photo content or feel; or the text as well as lifting the structure.  I appreciated the number of examples with 2 lifts from each layout and notes of which components were lifted. 

I enjoyed dipping into the book and keeping the ideas in mind as I toured blogland.  I’ve been more assiduous lately in noting down layouts that grab me so that I can go back to them when I want to create a layout of my own.  I did that yesterday to create a layout about a recent visit from a good friend in New Zealand

pl-july-2-big

[film strip, pennant and folder tab all from K Pertiet, papers from Audrey Neal]

I took my inspiration from a  layout by Alexa which she had lifted from a recipe page in a magazine.

I’m now ready to pass on this book so leave me a comment if you want to be in the draw.  If you’ve not come across Pass the Book before, Melissa has all the details.  I’ll make the draw on the morning of 18th (UK time).

3 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

You know, I have a backlog of pictures right now, so could use the inspiration. Please enter my name in the draw.
Rinda

Alison said...

Yes please Helena...I'd like to be in the draw! Love the LO
Alison xx

Melissa said...

Great job taking inspiration from Alexa's layout - I like the filmstrip & the tabs you used on yours.

Thanks for being a part of Pass the Book:Year Two - so glad you enjoyed the book!!