Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

beautiful tropical beach

I’m back on the layout roll.  Creating my list for my Monday layout reminded me that I haven’t created a layout about my trip to Ille de Pines while holidaying in New Caledonia two years ago.  I used Shimelle’s sketch of the week.  I really like the 4 small photos in the strip as well as the focal photo. Pushing my normal approach by using a pattern paper as well as the textured papers and in adding the doodle like circles behind the papers.

ille-de-pines

Journaling reads
The quintessential tropical paradise beach – soft golden sand; turquoise water; safe bays and shoals of small, luminescent fish.
A 2 hours ferry ride from Noumea on the Betico means it is an easy and popular weekend day trip for locals and tourists alike.
The ship back was full of satisfied, tired, sun kissed people – and a fair bit of sand.

Credits - Date stamp – LLL creations.  Circle doodle – Kim Klassen brusht.  Word strips, perforated frames and papers from The blog train’s august bloghop – by kk simplicity paper; LollyPop Des Happyfun; ADD; jusmedigital.  Font Maiandra GD

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow what gorgeous photos, your layout is wonderful

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love that postmark stamp, and you did great with the sketch.
Rinda