Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

playing with blending modes

visiting my parents in the country at the weekend I (of course) snapped a fair number of shots.  Back at my computer I decided to play with adding texture and the different effects of the same texture when applying different blend modes in PSE.  I used the warm sun texture from Kim Klassen.  If you want to see lots of other uses of this texture then visit her new texture Tuesday link up
mill-colour-burn
colour burn blending mode





straight from camera
flower







flower-multiply-linear-eras
multiply then linear blending mode and then erased linear from the green leaves in focus



straight from camera
leaves













llama-linear-burn
linear burn blending mode





straight from camera
llama










river-colour-burn-2-soft-li
colour burn blending mode twice then soft light blending mode



straight from camera


ariver








Do you have a favourite?

18 comments:

Cedar said...

I think I like the llama best, though they are all great! I've never tried linear blending mode. I'll have to try that!

Lesley said...

Playing with textures and blending modes is so much fun! Lovely shots, Helena- my favourite is the first -I love the clarity and purity of the flower against the warm background.

FYH said...

I'm a flower girl so no.1 is my favorite, but the others are also great! Love your use of textures...

Gale Wall said...

Love the linear burn on the Llama.

Leah C said...

Love the images! Isn't it so much fun "playing" with textures & such?!

Anonymous said...

Cool llama photo! The texture makes him pop right off the screen.

Di

Elizabeth said...

I am amazed at how just a few blending modes can change a photo from just OK to ravishingly beautiful!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Wow. Great job. V

Maria Ontiveros said...

Hey, we're both playing today! I love, love, love that path.
Rinda

furrypig said...

What extraordinary photographs Helena they are wonderful. The Llama is my favourite. I must admit I don't have a clue about all the techniques you have used but the affects are amazing! xxx

Miriam said...

The Llama is my favourite, then the last one Oh how to choose!! I am off to try the linea burn blending mode x thanks

Kathleen said...

Hard to choose a favorite -- they're all fabulous -- but I think I'm a llama girl at heart.

buyaionaccounts said...

I've never thought that blending the color burn modes with textures can look pretty like those photos. I'm loving the flower, it looks like a painting I could hang that straight on the wall. Great job.

paperbird said...

i love the llama image but they are all wonderful!

WendyB said...

I like them all but the first is my favourite. You've made me want to go play - tis no wonder I never get any housework done :-)

Kathy said...

Great use of the texturing. I love them all, but the stream is my favorite.

Bright blessings,
Kathy

Leovi said...

I love the beautiful tones you have achieved in these flowers, exquisite, deliciously attractive. Really beautiful. A hug.

Sandie said...

Love the photo of the Llama. Linear burn blending (I've yet to discover what that means!) really brings out the hairs and detail around the edge. I want to experiment now!