Pages

Monday, April 24, 2017

Memo Monday is blooming

A big wave to you all on a blue sky morning



but don't be deceived into thinking it is warm - weather forecast says we will not make it up to 10C today.  But the blue and all the bloom on the trees and the new leaves do make for a lovely walk whichever direction I go.

I was surprised to notice that I also have some bloom inside - I think my geranium plants enjoyed 6 weeks without central heating while I was on holiday as they seem much healthier this year and one has flowers - this one has citrus smelling leaves


And something new I learnt this weekend?  7 minutes in the microwave renders a whole aubergine soft and cooked and ready to use in a dip - saved putting on the oven for just an aubergine.

Hope you all have a good week with some sunshine

8 comments:

Maggie said...

You well be right on the geraniums. Blossom and blue sky looks lovely but you are right. Thermals back on today!

Karen said...

Now that Spring has sprung here I'm not as envious of your beautiful photos of blooming plants and trees. Like you, today we have blue skies and chilly temperatures. I'm ready for constant warmth myself, but grateful for the beautiful green and flowering trees.

Patio Postcards said...

Great kitchen tip - I use my microwave mostly for making popcorn or heating up a grain bag for those sore gardening muscles over taxed!
Your blossoms against the blue sky is such a cheerful photo. Pretty geranium blossom. Happy week ahead.

Sian said...

That's a good tip!

We have been promised rain all week. But today the forecasters were proved wrong, so I have hope :)

Wishing you all the best for the week ahead.

Eileen T said...

It's definitely chilly here today and we've had some rain. The blossom on my neighbour's tree was looking beautiful but didn't survive the April shower and is now lying in the road.

Lady Ella said...

Lovely geranium - I'm not sure that I have seen a lemon-scented in bloom before.

Lady Ella said...

Re. Eileen's comment, just seen a tweet referring to this phenomenon as "faerie autumn". :o)

Alison said...

Grey skies and rain here today, but generally we have been blue skies and fairly warm...I forgot how tender geraniums are outside the Mediterranean climate! Xx