Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Today I am

Outside my window is the skyline of central Dhaka, Bandladesh

IMG_1742

IMG_1743

I am hearing constant sound of car horns, the steady hum of the aircon and background chatter from the other people in the office space.  About twice an hour I hear a helicopter take off or land.

I am thankful for the opportunity to work here again with a team of good people.  Back for a second train the trainer workshop with the Bangladesh Election Commission

I am wearing brown cotton trousers, a red work top and purple pumps.  My brown linen jacket on the back of my chair but ready to put on for meeting

I am remembering the last time I was here in March and noticing the changes – the aircon is installed and the lift now goes all the way to the 9th floor so we do not have to walk 3 flights of stairs. The office staff has grown from 6 to 11

I am reading the checklists for the workshop preparation
I am hoping that sometime today the three people who need to meet for the next stage of preparation are all in the office at the same time so that we can actually have the meeting

I am pleased that I decided to use this meme from Simple Woman as the basis for a quick post during my lunchbreak  (rice with lots of pieces of green chilli which I picked out and chicken curry with onion and tomato).

6 comments:

Sian said...

I always enjoy your travel posts. I think TTO would be very interested in your workshop too. And in the curry too!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I also love seeing where you are in the world - it's also fascinating (especially like how you noted the changes).
Rinda

Elizabeth said...

Gosh, I wrote a comment and it disappeared. Let's see if I can remember what I typed.

Thank you so much for sharing all your travels with us. And thank you for sharing all the exotic photos you take of places I will probably never get to visit. The photos of Dhaka, Bangladesh are just amazing.

I was a bit more gushing in the first message but I think you understand how I feel.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love these kinds of posts, Helena. I hope you have a lovely stay!

Miriam said...

Amazing Helena. I love the way you used Simple Womans list for this post. I would do the same with the curry!

Alison said...

Enjoy your stay Helena!
Alison xx