Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Mad digi skills on the washing line

When I posted my washing line photo for the photo scavenger hunt last week Sian suggested it was a candidate for 'my ‘mad digi skills’ and some other agreed.  Now how could I resist such a prompt.

rinda-washing-line

Prior to playing I removed the car, added some colour to the sky because it just looks white here, and cropped in two different ways.

Then I played with some textures for a ‘back in the day’ look

washing-line-2

then I changed the bright pink trousers to beige and added some different textures for an more  historical look

washing-line-1

then I turned to the artistic filter tools in Photoshop Elements for these two

washing-line-3

washing-line-4

I so enjoy this kind of playing but had not notice the potential of this photo until those comments – thank you.

Which version is your favourite?

7 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Helena,
These are amazing. I love the historic one as a photograph and the first filtered one because it looks like a really cool drawing/illustration.
Well done!
Rinda

Sian said...

Oh, wow! The historical one looks exactly the way I imagined it. But you've gone one better than that with your different looks - I honestly don't think I could choose. I love this!

Elizabeth said...

What a difference! I actually like the sepia toned one the best. Reminds me of the pictures from the 1940.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Ooooh! I was so excited to see this post in my reader this morning. I had seen Sian's comment and agreed - so glad you took her up on the challenge. Haha - I was just really impressed that you got the car out of there! And then you went and used all those awesome filters. I love the one where you changed the pink pants to beige, and I also like the artistic filtered photo that almost looks like a sketch.

Ah! You are so clever, Helena. This is a really fun post to look at!

Miriam said...

They are all beautiful Helena, washing line 1 is my favourite though.

Ginger said...

It's lots of fun to see these different looks, it just goes to show all things one can do with a photo!!

Amy said...

2 & 4 are the ones that jump out at me - well done, you chose a great photo to 'play' with!