Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Lots of activity on the beach …

from other people, that is.  With ‘motion’ the topic for Crazy Days of Summer I headed to the beach to gather some images to merge with the magic of Photoshop Elements to show movement.

These are the two that worked out the best

motion-1

I was focussed on the dog but I also like the group of people moving across the sand in the background.

motion-2

Here I love how the process of merging has made the sand and sea texturised.

If creating multi exposure merged photos like this is something you’d love to be able to do in PSE but you want someone to sit beside you as you go  through the process then my one on one PSE tutorials could be what you are looking for – check them out here.

6 comments:

Sian said...

What I really like about that first picture is that is emphasizes how much activity there is going on around us on the beach, both close to where we are sitting and far away

Jimjams said...

Both brilliant shots.

Sandra said...

Such great shots

Lizzie said...

Love these, Helena - really clever! My niece is a great photographer too and she can do this kind of stuff (like here - http://www.etsy.com/listing/58260608/three-dear-foxes-12x8-matte-print - sorry I don't have another link, so it has to be her shop!).
I think I may have to look at your tutorials - I'd like to have a go at this myself!
Fab photos and very clever stuff!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow - that second picture is so cool! It has the look of a film strip from a movie. Also love the photo you featured of your father's (I think blogger ate my comment about it).
Rinda

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

I love how you merged those shots! Thanks for joining Alicia and I in the Crazy Days of Summer Photo Challenge. I hope you'll join us again on Friday when we move on to our new theme, bubbles. Have a great day!