a big Easter wave to everyone
as I enjoy a first outing for my new red shoes now that we have spring weather and I might finally pack away my winter boots until autumn (my skin is not ‘luminous Scottish white’ from the lack of sun – I’m wearing white socks!).
This weekend also saw the start of the Edinburgh Science Festival with a science themed food market where I
* took part in a taste test between wild and cultivated cabbage – the wild tastes stronger
* ate primordial soup – containing all 9 amino acids (although I realised I eat 5 every lunch because I have peanut butter)
* ate a mealworm falafel (it tasted nutty)
* tried 3 textures of beetroot being demonstrated by a molecular chef (foam, caviar and jelly)
* learnt that too little sugar in cake hinders rising and too much tends to give a lava like top
Today I embarked on the 100 day project – the idea is to do the same creative thing every day for 100 days and to share the results on instagram. I decided to play with pixel magic each day, starting from a photo – I haven’t been doing this recently and I used to really enjoy both the process and results.
This is also my first foray into the world of instagram – I’m using the tag #100daysofpixelmagic if you want to follow – here is my first piece created this morning
why not join in – it started today but late starters are welcome.