Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

5 in 5 focus on the swans

In a recent TV programme a photographer advised focussing on capturing part or the animal for an interesting close-up.  So I took advantage of a bit of sun to sit by the river and play with different compositions using the swans as models – they mostly stay in one place which makes it easier. 

Following Sandie’s 5 in 5 meme, I then chose my 5 favourites

some good head and neck detail

swans-19

swans-20

and some great reflections – the light on the water was just right

swans-15

and the aftermath of a male swan flapping this wings to clear ‘his territory’

swans-9

and a near abstract image of a large reflection with just a smidgen of legs at the top

swans-17

I see the swans every time I walk along the river and can get blasé about them but I enjoyed sitting and taking a closer look through my camera – I must do it again.

Thanks to Sandie for her monthly prompt.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Numbers 2 and 4 are particularly fabulous!

Maggie said...

Lovely photos. I like the idea of a detail of the bird/animal.

alexa said...

Full of energy and interest - love the aftermath one!

Sandie said...

What a wonderful idea Helena, I always find your photos so inspiring. I too live by a river with a large flock of resident swans and I'm always tempted to take more photos of them. I need to think outside the box more to make my shots more interesting. Thank you for joining in again this month, I always look forward to your posts.

Prairie Jill said...

Oh my, these are gorgeous!! The first two especially caught my eye.

Miriam said...

Oh this is such a lovely thing to do and one I haven't done for far too long (thanks for the prompt) I love love love picture 3