Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Even more relaxation

another fabulous view with my breakfast on Sunday staying with friends in their batch (holiday cottage) in the Marlborough Sounds - a short 15 minutes plane hope from Wellington. 

It rained on and off all Saturday but on Sunday the morning low cloud burnt off and the afternoon was warm enough for a leisurely swim at high tide in the bay at the bottom of the garden 
Lovely to be surrounded by native plants on all sides with plenty of birds too and the constant sound of Cicadas 

We spent the damp Saturday afternoon on some crafting as I taught my friend the traditional Maori craft of flax weaving  - lovelyto feel my physical memory kick in as I handled the flax and remembered all the steps even though I haven't done any flax weaving for over 6 years



5 comments:

Lady Ella said...

That second view screams peace. (Well, "scream" might not be the best word, but you know what I mean!)
Impressed to hear you can do flax weaving, though I guess I shouldn't be. The baskets look great.

Maggie said...

I agree. Beautiful second picture.

Karen said...

How wonderful it would be to have that view every day! The flax weaving baskets are lovely.

Patio Postcards said...

Amazing scenery in the first 3 photos. I really like the 3rd photo in of the ferns. Cool that you basket weave. Can you bring these home to Scotland?

Melissa said...

It looks lovely!