Pages

Friday, February 10, 2017

Around town

I've been in Auckland this week - visiting old haunts and meeting up with friends.   Lots has changed but much still the same and my memory of the geographical layout soon came back.

I enjoyed a fabulous ice-cream experience where they ask you if you how you want to feel - indulgence, refreshing, cosy etc. Then give you some flavour samples to match.  I said refreshing as it was a scorching hot afternoon. I  chose fresh strawberry with cream and a lemon sorbet. I was presented with this delightful cup
I  also had some great fresh fish and chips on the waterfront 
Now I'm in Wellington.  I  captured this view of the top of the south Island and bottom of the North Island  from the plane 




3 comments:

Maggie said...

Glad to hear you are having scorching hot days. The ice cream looks scrummy.

Sian said...

The ice cream experience sounds clever. I think that might catch on here too.

It sounds like you are having a great time :)

Patio Postcards said...

Oh yummy ice cream treat. I have been craving fish & chips for days now. So glad you are getting some warm weather :)