Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Zoom Out to see the artist

out walking last week I noticed some fabulous abstract art in a rather unexpected place
















the 'accidental artist' was a combination of layers of paint applied and removed plus the actions of the sea the the bottom fin of the boat (which I am sure has a name - keel?).  Having spotted one I walked around all the other boats - most of them are up on the land rather than in the sea, I assume because of recent very high tides and storms.  People were working on some of the boats but undeterred I photographed some more of these wonderful abstracts - I can imagine them on the walls of a gallery in the posh part of town
























I'm really enjoying all the different subject matters being shared in zoom in zoom out photos and how some start with the wide shot and some with the close shot.  Thank you.

I'm linking this post to Nature Footstep's Wednesday abstract this week too.




16 comments:

alexa said...

These are indeed just fabulous - and would make great scrapbook paper too!

Ruth said...

Cool pairing of images!

Cheri said...

I never would have guessed that lovely colorful texture came from the underside of a ship! Amazing find Helena.

debs14 said...

You have an amazing talent for seeing things that others would not notice. What loving textures you have there.

marsha said...

Oh my...the collection of abstracts is fabulous.
What a great ZIZO!!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

very neat colors and textures!

Sandie said...

I love taking photos like these Helena. I am drawn to the coast and boats, luckily I live near them too so I have lots of opportunity for taking photos. I have used close ups like these in the past as a texture, under a photo. They can look quite effective and are fun to play with.

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are all fantastic close-ups. The colors and textures do make fantastic abstracts on their own and would work as backgrounds for collage.
Rinda

Prairie Jill said...

What wonderful abstracts! I love the last image, where you display them as a collection - fabulous. They feel like landscapes to me. I often shoot textures like this, but usually think of them just as textures to use in Photoshop; you've made me think of them quite differently!

Miriam said...

Helena, these are really beautiful abstracts and such a great pair for your ZIZO this week.

Melissa said...

Oh, what fun discovered art!

Jimjams said...

Art appears in the most unexpected places ... but only if someone equally creative spots it! Lovely images.

Meta said...

Det är så snyggt med din bakgrund till bilderna
Ha en fin kväll
Meta

NatureFootstep said...

I love the wall of abstract art you created.

I did not know you had a meme, thanks for sharing your on mine. :)

Lmkazmierczak said...

I love it when the ordinary is found to be extraordinary! Have a great week♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/window-stopping/

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful. You have quite the eye!