Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Zoom out at the nature lagoon

Wow, what a response to zoom in, zoom out with so many posts popping up and intentions to participate sometimes, monthly and weekly.  I’m delighted to see so many takes on this meme and welcome the regular and occasional contributors. 



As there are so many wanting to take part, and it is fun to see how others are using the zoom in, zoom out idea I’ve included a linky on this post.




And so to my contribution.  One of the local places that I walk with my Dad (an avid birdwatcher) is a local lagoon, bird scrapes and bird hides created on top of all the soil excavated when the power station along the coast was built (early 1960s).


Looking out from the bird hide was a perfect opportunity for my pair this week.  I zoomed in to see the flock of oyster catchers and then zoomed out to show the terrain and what you would see it you were just looking without a camera or binoculars.  The oystercatchers are the black stripe half way up on the right.




zoom-2
Looking forward to seeing how others have zoomed in and out this week.



12 comments:

Cheri said...

This is so cool Helena! I wish there was a nature preserve around here!

debs14 said...

You could so easily not realise they were there in the 'zoom out' photo!

Sandie said...

Zoon in zoom out offers so much possibility, Helena. Good to see the linky. I'll be back sometime soon to link in.

Miriam said...

Fabulous pair Helena. I love to see the oyster catchers on our beach. I like the frame you used and how lovely to have a linky...thanks

Maude Lynn said...

Neat captures!

Prairie Jill said...

Gorgeous place, and gorgeous shots! (And so nice to see a scene without snow!)
I'm loving ZIZO - thank you so much for starting it.

Ruth said...

What a beautiful place and how lucky to have it so close.

Maria Ontiveros said...

A great choice, and I like how you framed them together. Thanks for the linky. It will be fun to check out the entries that don't otherwise pop up in my reader.
Rinda

Melissa said...

My photos are very similar to yours this week! Thanks for the inspiration to take these photos.

alexa said...

Such bright and rich colours - we are all greys here :). How nice to be able to walk with your Dad like this :).

Anonymous said...

What a great couple of zoom in zoom out photos. Thanks for the linky - that will be great. I'm a wee bit late this week - too much snow on the ground but hope to get something posted tomorrow.

Jimjams said...

Amazing what a difference a pair of binoculars can make. Lovely feeling of fresh air from both of those shots.