Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

time for play

I have been taking some photos of strong plant shapes with the thought they would be good for photoart and textures.  When I read Bonnie’s suggestion for Friday PhotoArt of an abstract piece containing 3 photos and one of her textures I decided to spend an hour playing – I have PSE on the notebook that I take on my travels.

b-pdpa-yesteryeqr-darken-li

The textures I used were Yesteryear on darken and Life is Good on Pin light.  I enjoyed the mix of curves and strong shapes.  I still find the idea of making abstract art from photos a stretch but am enjoying the process and look forward to seeing what others have done.

While I was playing with textures in PSE I also worked on a photo I took at the Farmer’s Market because the composition grabbed me as a strong still life.  I used the backlit texture on vivid light

backlight-pdpa-vivid-light

13 comments:

Melissa said...

I really like that Farmer's Market photo - it's amazing how adding a texture gives a photo a different feel.

The Artful Diva said...

I particularly like the photo with the shopping bag and barrel. I appreciate abstracts - just don't do them well. You on the other hand, are an inspiration!

Kaylene said...

Very good, strong images. Cheers

Deborah said...

great abstract result on a great photo!

kareninkenai said...

both posted images are wonderful. good job. like the abstract for the reasons you give. And, the farmers market shot is great. thanks for posting. visiting from PAF today. Karen

Miriam said...

Both images are gorgeous. What a difference textures makes to a still life and your abstract work is stunning. I haven't tried this for ages, you have inspired me to play tomorrow.

Marilyn said...

These are both outstanding. The first is so dramatic and moody. The farmers' market pic is a really great still life. Nice editing.

Ida said...

Both photos are very nice. I like the Abstract a lot (the colors/shapes are fun and interesting). The Farmers Market photo with the texture added is very pleasing.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Wonderful work.

Regards and best wishes

ceevee said...

Nicely abstracted!

Unknown said...

Lovely images and I like the different effects you have achieved. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings Suzanne

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I love the first one, the depth of color, the texture... it's great!

Terrie said...

I just love your abstract! It's one of my favorites. The strong shapes feel purposeful and the composition of the image is great. The background full of texture - overall a great job!