Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

snap progress

More festive crochet for you today and a sequence



starting with the picture graph - then work half done and the finished piece - it is about 35 cm square.  This crochet method is called corner to corner (or c2c) and has been popping up on various crochet blogs I follow all year - the appeal is the ease of creating a picture from a square based graph such as you would use for cross stich or beading pictures (the inspiration for this picture was a Perler beading piece) .  It does take concentration to follow the graph because each line of work is a diagonal.  Hard to tell from the pictures but the background is dark blue while the eyes and buttons on the snowman are black.  Various design and technique lessons learnt to apply to future projects  - this is my first complex picture - it is fun (but don't even ask about all the ends to sew in or look at the back!)

looking forward to seeing what has caught your eye this week













11 comments:

Maggie said...

You have been busy and it looks very complicated.

Maggie said...

I can't see a link up.

Ruth said...

He's a rather jolly looking chap ... perfect timing for the first snowfalls of winter!

Miriam said...

My goodness Helena this is amazing, what concentration you must have. It's very impressive though and I love the sequence too.

Patio Postcards said...

A very impressive SNAP collection this week. You are quite skilled & creative - such a cute snowman or do we correctly say snow person (col).

Lady Ella said...

That's brilliant!! If/when I ever get my internet back (grrrr) I will investigate more. I fear too hard for my novice skillset however.

Anonymous said...

cool idea to use a cross-stitch pattern set-up for crochet....cute snowman too!

Melissa said...

Oh, that turned out great! So FUN to see the steps to completion.

Sian said...

Gosh, that look hard! I can follow a knitting chart but I think this would be more challenging. Respect!

Karen said...

Love that snowman! I think a chart would be my only hope in a project like this.

Missus Wookie said...

That looks very tricky - but cool effect at the end.