Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Jazzy snap

a collection of images from the free jazz that I enjoyed on Saturday

There were 4 performance areas with different styles of jazz in each - unfortunately the amplification on the big stage meant their beat became a background for all other performers - must be very annoying for artists who have a softer sound.  I particularly enjoyed the energy of the guys in kilts.  Plenty of toe tapping and swinging to the music and I had a particularly delicious peach melba icecream.

Clearly some of the neighbours are not so delighted by the regular events that take place here - that yellow notice in the window reads 'no to noise' - really I think that anyone buying a property there should be aware of how the market space is used during the year - I noticed that in most other residences they had the window open and some were leaning out for a good view.

Thank you to everyone sharing their snap sets

7 comments:

Maggie said...

I think the yellow notice probably comes under the category " there is always one"!

Miriam said...

Ha ha! miserable devils! The thing is some people would be tempted to make more noise having read that notice! A lovely Jazzy snap Helena.

Karen said...

Ah, reminds me of the street music in New Orleans!

Patio Postcards said...

Jazzy SNAP collection for sure. I never knew there were so many types of jazz. I feel for the people bothered by the "noise" who knows who was there first. Kilts & Jazz - now that is a combo.

Ruth said...

The No to Noise made me smile ... it's Edinburgh in summer! A bit like living in West London and then complaining about the noise from Heathrow ...

Anonymous said...

great SNAP...and that person with the no noise sign would be well advised to buy some ear-plugs...since I doubt the square is ever quiet! But I have to admit that if there was a lot of saxophone music I would be less than happy too!

Sian said...

Great pictures! I know exactly where this is and when I once suggested it as a place for TTO to look for a flat he said immediately..too noisy. So if he knows, anyone actually buying should surely realise