Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Zoom in on the baggage tent

Saturday evening my Dad and I set out in the rain, across a muddy park to the big pink tent.  I didn't think I could complete a moonwalk (marathon length) or even a half but they needed volunteers so several months ago we signed up and were assigned to the baggage tent - given the rain that was a lucky allocation.

We were in bright yellow t-shirts and the walkers were mostly in bra and super-hero themed costumes.  We collected their bags and stored them ready for when they had finished.

We watched the first batch set off at 11.30 pm then set off for home while they walked through the night to raise money to fight breast cancer.  Glad to have done a small bit to help.

Looking forward to seeing what else has caught the eye for zoom in and out this week.

15 comments:

Jimjams said...

Oh good for you - the thought of walking all night in the rain would put me right off - I'd rather just reach into my pocket to help!

Sian said...

Such a great cause to be involved with.

Miriam said...

Well done Helena & dad, such a wonderful cause to support.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great photos! I know I couldn't cope with a rain walk so I'd be glad to be in the tent.:)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

A great cause and it's fun that you got to be in the tent where it was nice and dry! And it's cool that you got to do this with your dad!

I'm happy that I'm finally able to add to your ZIZO list, and I hope you don't mind that I combined it with a scavenger hunt photo. :o) xo

Ruth said...

A great event to volunteer for.

Anonymous said...

good for you to volunteer at this event. And a ZIZO out of it too!!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great volunteer job - the world needs more volunteers like you.

Prairie Jill said...

What a great event! How nice that you were able to help out. And a great ZIZO, too!

Anonymous said...

What a great volunteer job and so nice that you were able to keep nice and dry in that tent.

Anonymous said...

What a great volunteer job and so nice that you were able to keep nice and dry in that tent.

Melissa said...

What a great way to help out with the event & perfect finds for ZIZO!

Alison said...

Well done to you and your dad, Helena...people forget that there are other things you can do to show your support at these events!!
Alison xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

Good on you for helping out this important cause. And I do love it when you get the "good" volunteer assignment (like one in the shade on a hot day or in a tent when it's raining).
rinda

alexa said...

Between your charity knitting and crocheting, and helping out as a volunteer for such good causes, Helena, your life is a shining example to us all.